Decree concerning movements of seamen on shore at the Port of Nantes-Saint-Nazaire
(PREFET DE LA REGION PAYS DE LOIRE, PREFET DE LOIREATLANTIQUE 27/12/2012)
1) The crew-members of all ships are allowed to go on shore with a valid seamen’s-ID and with no visa within the limits of the Nantes-Saint-Nazaire Port area: SaintNazaire, Montoir de Bretagne, Donges, Paimboeuf, Frossay, Cordemais, Indre, Saint Herblain, Nantes.
2) This authorization also applies to commuting to the services available in the following towns:
Trignac, Pornichet, La Baule-Escoublac, Guérande, Le Temple de Bretagne, Saint Etienne de Montluc, Saint Viaud, Saint Père en Retz, Corsept, Saint Brévin les Pins, Rezé, Saint Herblain, Orvault, La Chapelle sur Erdre, Carquefou, Sainte Luce sur Loire, Basse Goulaine, Saint Sebastien sur Loire, Vertou, Bouguenais.
3) The crew-members are also authorized, in order to go to Nantes from Saint Nazaire or to Saint Nazaire from Nantes, to travel on the following roads:
- Donges to Savenay (RN 171, from exit 76 to exit 65)
- Moëre-interchange at Savenay
- Savenay to Orvault ( RN 165 from exit 34 to exit 7)
- Guillocherie-interchange at Sautron
- Sautron to Saint Herblain ( RN 444 from exit 7 to exit 3)
4) They are authorized to travel by rail between Nantes and La Baule Escoublac
5) Violators of this decree are liable to prosecutionin accordance with the French regulationsconcerning circulation of foreigners and right of asylum.
Open the official map
Adapted and translated by D.READ